University of Montreal Scholarships 2022 ( Universite de Montreal Scholarships):
The purpose of this new program is to help the best talent from around the world attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world. The University of Montreal was founded in the year 1878, as a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The university’s main campus is located in the northern slope of Mount Royal in the neighborhoods of Outremont and Côte-des-Neiges. The university offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarships to students around the world. This is a new scholarship, and its open to many students.
Scholarship Value for the Undergraduate studies
The strength of your academic record is the only criterion for evaluation to determine the amount of the scholarship. The results of the analysis are ranked according to the following three levels:
- Level A: $11,998 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (15 credits) or $399 per credit
- Level B: $5,718 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (15 credits) or $190.60 per credit
- Level C: $2,000 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (15 credits) or $66.67 per credit
Scholarship value for the Postgraduate studies-MSc
To support you in your graduate studies as an international student, a partial exemption scholarship from the additional tuition fees normally charged to international students is available.
- $9,420 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (equivalent to 15 credits)
This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
Scholarship value for the Postgraduate studies-PhD
To support you in your graduate studies as an international student, a complete waiver of the additional tuition fees normally charged to international students is available.
This exemption bursary allows you to benefit from the same tuition fees as Québec graduate studies students.
- $19,339 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $6,546 per session (equivalent to 15 credits) for the entire duration of your studies.
Criteria for Selection:
- Candidates must be international student.
- Award is available for the listed undergraduate, postgraduate & PhD courses offered at the University.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate, postgraduate & PhD study at University of Montreal; thus, you have to apply for admission
- Candidates who hold a study permit and who are neither permanent residents nor Canadian citizens.
- Applicants who will be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their studies.
- Candidates who will not benefit from another form of tuition fee exemption through another policy or measure. For example, French and Belgian Francophone students already benefit from this type of exemption.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Montreal’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Closing Date: November 2022
Application Link: https://admission.umontreal.ca/en/scholarship-for-international-students/