Study in Canada; the University of Saskatchewan is a top ranked Canadian university, established in the year 1907 and located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Over the years, the institution has grown, and has a good learning environment for its students. The Institution is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The institution calls for applications from international students who wish to commence a Masters and Doctoral degree program at the University to apply for its on-going 2021 scholarships
All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) recipients must be full-time, fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program. Students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program to apply for or hold a UGS. Applicants must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into masters and PhD degree program.
- The award is available for masters & PhD students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- The student must be registered or continuing in a graduate degree program or have been recommended for admission to a graduate degree program in the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
- The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student. When determining eligibility, only whole terms (not partial terms) are used to obtain a minimum of 60 credit units on which to compute the student’s GPA. Courses with grades of Pass, Credit, etc. are not included when computing the student’s GPA (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- Master’s students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of two years of university graduate scholarship in the first three years of their graduate program. Master’s students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 36th month of their graduate program.
- PhD students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of three years of university graduate scholarship funding in the first four years of their program. PhD students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 48th month of their graduate program.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Saskatchewan’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
University: University of Saskatchewan
Sponsor: University of Saskatchewan
Study Level: MSc and PhD
Eligibility: International students
Closing Date: February 22, 2021
Application Link: https://students.usask.ca/money/awards/graduate-awards.php?award=301368GS01#myScholarships