The American University is a leader among Washington DC universities in global education. American University enrolls students from international community to enhance their academic career . American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of American University – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the American University Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The American University EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve under-resourced, undeserved communities in their home country.
Sponsored by: American University
Funding: Full tuition fees
Host Country: USA
Institution(s): American University
Eligible Nationality: All Nationality
Degree Level: Undergraduate Studies
- Full tuition
- Room and board
NOTE: The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after 31 May 2017)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2020.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2020.
This scholarship is not for the following categories of people;
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2018.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application at >> https://www.american.edu/admissions/freshman/special-academic-programs.cfm
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form . These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results if available. These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2019, or by January 15, 2020.