Founded in the year 1867, the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign is a public land-grant research university in Illinois in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana. The institution is a member of the Association of American Universities and is classified as a R1 Doctoral Research University under the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, which denotes the highest research activity.
The University’s College of ACES is committed to providing financial support to recognize the hard work and accomplishments of our students. Thanks to our generous alumni, corporate partners and other supporters, ACES awards over $3.5 million in scholarships to our students each year
There are three main types of scholarships for incoming ACES freshman students. The specifics of each award will be given in the individual scholarship award letter.
- Merit Based Award: These renewable awards are awarded based on academic credentials through high school, including grades, rigor (honors type courses) & test scores.
- Jonathan Baldwin Turner Scholarship: Renewable and have a potential value of $10,000 over four years. A $2,500 scholarship is awarded for the student’s freshman year in the University of Illinois College of ACES. The remainder will be awarded in three $2,500 increments during the student’s sophomore, junior, and senior years, provided the student remains enrolled in the College of ACES and maintains a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4 (A= 4.0).
- ACES Leadership Scholars: One Leadership Scholar will be selected from each of the state of Illinois’ 102 counties. Scholars will participate in leadership programming throughout the academic year and will strive to be leaders within the college. Awardees will receive a one-time $2,500 scholarship. Consideration to become an ACES Leadership Scholar is based on exceptional leadership involvement in activitives with preference given for leadership experiences related to the College of ACES majors (including, but not limited to 4-H, FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, SkillsUSA, etc.).
- apply for admission to the University of Illinois
- pick a major in the College of ACES.
- Then you will automatically be considered for renewable, merit-based award
Sponsored by: University of Illinois
Host Country: USA
Institution(s): University of Illinois
Eligible Nationality: ALL
Application Link: https://academics.aces.illinois.edu/scholarships/new-students