Opportunities for International Students: Scholarships in Canada
As an international student, you have the opportunity to pursue your studies in Canada with the assistance of scholarships, whether from government institutions or private organizations. These scholarships are available across various provinces of Canada and cater to students at all levels of education, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Here’s a comprehensive overview of the scholarships and the application process:
Eligibility and Benefits
- Eligibility: All nationalities are welcome to apply for scholarships in Canada, making it an inclusive opportunity for students from around the globe.
- Permanent Residency: International students who pursue their studies in Canada also have the opportunity to apply for permanent residency, enhancing their prospects for long-term residency and career opportunities.
- Financial Coverage: Scholarships in Canada typically offer full financial coverage, including:
- Maintenance allowance ($14,900)
- Round-trip airfare at the beginning and end of the course
- Expenses related to obtaining an inbound visa and the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Additional financial support ranging from $500 to $2,000, depending on the duration of the course.
- Online Application: The application process for Canadian scholarships is primarily conducted online. Interested students can apply through platforms like Momentum, which facilitates the application process for scholarships funded, managed, and promoted by Global Affairs Canada.
- Account Types: Momentum offers two types of user accounts:
- Institution Account: For Canadian post-secondary institutions applying for scholarships on behalf of foreign faculty, researchers, and students.
- Student, Researcher, or Faculty Account: For individual applicants submitting their own scholarship applications.
- Benefits of Momentum Account:
- Explore available financial aid options.
- Apply for eligible scholarships.
- Save and resume applications later.
- Submit scholarship applications online for consideration.
Other Scholarships in Canada
In addition to the scholarships facilitated by the Canadian High Commission and Global Affairs Canada, there are numerous other scholarship opportunities available for international students:
A. Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia
B. FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
C. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: Available for both Canadian and international students.
D. Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto
E. Montreal University Canada Scholarships 2022
F. University of Alberta Scholarships in Canada 2022 Without IELTS
These scholarships provide additional avenues for international students to pursue their academic and career aspirations in Canada.
By leveraging these scholarship opportunities and navigating the application process effectively, international students can fulfill their academic goals and contribute to Canada’s diverse and vibrant educational landscape.