Many Nigerians have been asking questions about the Federal Scholarship board and its function; the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), is a sub-unit of the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria. The board has been offering Nigerians the opportunity to study abroad on Scholarships for Undergraduates and Postgraduates studies for the past five year. The board is committed in its vision and makes sure this happens through the following ways:
- implements the Education Agreement (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) Agreements on Scholarship and Fellowship awards to Nigerians
- Help in advising and coordinating States Scholarship Policies and Programmes
- Manages data on information about student matters, Scholarship and Fellowship awards in relation to Nigeria
- Helps to Monitor Scholars activities in Tertiary Institutions locally and abroad
- Help to facilitate the efficient utilization of foreign and local scholarship, and fellowship awards to deserving Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students
Its office is located at the Federal Secretariat Phase III, FCT, Abuja, Nigeria.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) works under the following categories to help Nigerians to have the opportunity to apply and successfully gain local or international Scholarships:
- Commonwealth Scholarship: The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries, so this is a joint scholarship program. The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship was established at the first Commonwealth Education Conference in the year 1959.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): The Bilateral Education Agreement Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is saddled with the responsibility of implementing scholarship Awards between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governments of Countries that have signed Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria.
- Nigerian Awards: The Nigeria Award is a Federal Government Scholarship policy programmes made to help formal education for national, economic and scientific Development of Nigeria.The following programmes are covered and tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions; Postgraduate (PG) Award, Undergraduate (UG) Award, Higher National Diploma (HND) Award, National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award, Physically challenge Award.
i.Federal Government Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Scheme for BSc, MSc and PhD Studies and the Nigerian Scholarship Awards 2020/2021
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Scheme; The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2020/2021 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study abroad…READ MORE
ii.CommonWealth Overseas PhD Scholarship Awards
The application portal for the 2020 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships is now open for international students from Commonwealth Countries to study in the UK. The Scholarship is Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable…..READ MORE
iii. CYPRUS UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Cyprus is Country located in Europe and east of the Mediterranean islands. There are more than 70,000 international students form 135 different countries currently enrolled in 16 major universities in North Cyprus.
The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Ministry of National Education and Sports awards scholarships for international students to study in Cyprus on fully funded or partial status. The undergraduate and…READ MORE
Federal Scholarship Board Link: http://education.gov.ng/fsb/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org